- Coach Troy DeVincentes (Coach D)
- -Owner/ Head of Baseball Operations
- -Head Coach Silver Creek High School
- -Troy has spent decades honing his skills and perfecting a system which allows all his students to reach their potential while developing a deep love for baseball. Many of Troy’s current and former players have littered area Baseball All Star and High School Rosters. Many have also gone onto play collegiate baseball and into MLB’s minor leagues. Troy also was the head coach of Troy played baseball as a child with East Hills Little League and starred through high school as a catcher. “Troy is absolutely THE BEST YOUTH BASEBALL coach I’ve ever meet PERIOD…. what he has done with my son in 6 months is nothing short of mind boggling. Great players can make a great coach. But it takes a great coach to make a good player.” “People always say put your money where your mouth is.. well I did. I became Troy’s business partner” says Mike Mak.(Troy’s Partner)
- Mike Mak
- -Owner/ Marketing/ Head of non-baseball operations
- -Email: MikeM@SJbattingcages.com
- -Mike is a life long and rabid baseball fan who has been involved with his children’s youth baseball and softball teams. His quest to find the best possible coach for his son brought him and Troy to form San Jose Batting Cages. Mike handles all marketing and all non-baseball training operations at San Jose Batting Cages.
- Lance Antonicic
- Hitting, Fielding, catching instructor
- 12U Travel Team Manager
- -Lance is a life long coach with over 38 years of coaching experience and is currently the Head JV Coach at King’s Academy. Lance’s has also coached girl’s softball at PAL for over 10 years. As a young player Lance played in Santa Clara Westside Little League and Campbell Mooreland Pony which he was an All Star. Lance also played at Mitty as a 3 Year Varsity player and was All League catcher as a Senior. Lance also played at the University of Utah as a catcher.
“13U Travel Team Manaer”
“Pitching & Hitting instructor”
Brandon exemplifies all the good that baseball teaches people. As a Freshman in High School Brand was cut during tryouts. Through sheer will , hard work, … Brandon went out again and made the Prospect High Varsity team while helping the school end a 6 year CCS Playoff drought with a 18-9-1 record. During his Senior year everything clicked for him as he was named All League, League Senior of the Year, and batted .405, 27RBIs, 6 2B. 2 HRs while leading the team in wins, ERA, strike outs, IP, and complete games.
In his 2013 at West Valley College he dominated batters with a 1.21 ERA and earned a Scholarship to NAIA powerhouse Oklahoma Baptist. During his 2 years with the Bisons they had the best 2 year record of any NAIA school while earning a #1 ranking in 2014 and a birth in the College World Series.
While at Hartnell Junior College Coach Potter earned all conference accolades which earned him the opportunity to played outfield for the scout team of the The Detroit Tigers organization. He also played when he was contacted by Gordon Nail, Los Angeles Dodgers organization and a former player/manager in Tepic of the Mexican Professional Leagues.
After professional ball with The Reynosa Broncos, Coach Potter returned to Los Angeles, where he played for the Easton Bat Company team, along with Chuck Crim, (Los Angeles Dodgers Bullpen Coach) and among others.
Returning to Northern California, Coach Rich was selected as Head Varsity Coach at Summit Prep Charter High School in Redwood City. In Belmont for 7 years, Coach Rich was the Top Instructor at Starmaker Sports where he instructed private lessons alongside Bill Laskey, J.T. Snow and Jimmy Escalante. Coach Rich instructed at Bank Of America Inner- City camps at The Oakland Coliseum with The Oakland A’s Nick Swisher, Tye Waller and Brad Fischer. In addition Coach Rich has worked with Dusty Baker and Rob Blake’s. sons.
San Jose Batting Cages is pleased with the addition of Coach Potter to their premier Baseball Academy staff.
“Baseball Pitching instructor”
After decades of perfecting the”Art of Pitching” Darren is ready to help the next generation of pitchers. Darren’s accomplishments include a 24-6 record at Sonoma State and a 5 year career with the San Francisco Giants Minor League system. Darren’s time with the Giants Organization allowed him to become teammates with Pablo Sandoval, Tim Lincecum, Brian Wilson, Sergio Romo, Jonathan Sanchez, and many other major leaguers.
“Baseball Hitting & fielding instructor”
Mike’s experience as a successful player at a high level allows him to pass on his what’s he learned to the his students to excel at the highest level
Mike is entering his 2nd season as the starting right fielder/ utility player for the Cabrillo College Seahawks. In Mike’s 1st season with the Seahawk’s he helped lead them to the Pacific Coast Championship while helping them to a birth in the Junior College State Championships where they advanced all the way to the Super Regionals
Frank Deats, Jr.
16U Travel Team Manager
Oak Grove High School Varsity Coach
2016 marks a home coming for Frank as he takes over as the Varsity Baseball Head Coach of his Alma Mater Oak Grove High School. Prior to Oak Grove he was the Del Mar high school head varsity baseball coach for 8 years. During Frank’s tenor at Del Mar they have won 2 league championships including 2 CCS appearances. In 2011 Frank was named the Santa Teresa Division Head Coach of the year while leading his team to a 19-9-1 record and a CCS Birth.
“Baseball Hitting, fielding, & Pitching instructor”
Mitch has succeeded at the highest level at every level of baseball and is currently the head coach of the Evergreen High School Freshman team. Whether it was as a 12 year old winning the Cal Ripken World Series, being named to 7 straight All Conference Teams, or playing in the College World Series… Mitch is ready to pass along his winning attitude and ways to your child.